Strengths of the programme
- Selective programme to which only the best students are admitted
- In-depth disciplinary studies in an interdisciplinary context
- Near East and Reception studies are integrated in the programme
- Many opportunities to follow your own interests in specialization courses and tutorials
- Excellent training to develop your research skills
The Research Master’s programme Classics and Ancient Civilizations trains you to do research, write project proposals, acquire research funding, and communicate your research results effectively to an academic audience and the wider public. It can best be characterized as a disciplinary programme in an interdisciplinary context. In composing your individual programme, you may opt for a disciplinary specialization in Classics, Ancient Studies, Archaeology or Ancient Near Eastern Studies. In the core modules, as well as in several elective courses, however, you will be stimulated to broaden your academic horizon by learning to position your discipline within a broader interdisciplinary academic context. You may also choose to give your entire programme, including your thesis, an interdisciplinary orientation.