Bridging the gap between auditing and IT
In our fast-evolving global economy, IT now affects virtually every sector. Organisations are struggling to create, run and govern dynamic and adaptive digital environments to ensure their digital presence, renew their business models and approach the market in new ways, so as to positively influence the customer experience. They actively seek flexible services and solutions based on modern technologies such as cloud computing and big data.
The challenge organisations face is that different levels of access to these vital, geographically spread out infrastructures and core data sources are usually outsourced to third parties. This puts them at risk of potentially serious human error or malicious or even criminal activities with undesired if not devastating consequences. The possible impact could be instantaneous and obvious or extremely subtle, causing disruptive downtime of IT systems or the life-threatening destruction of critical infrastructures.
These challenges are forcing financial auditors to embrace if not master new technologies. It is no longer enough to merely offer audits of financial statements. Now you need to be a ‘future proof’ accounting and finance professional and the trusted partner of digital-minded board members.
“A financial editor understands Annual Reports, an IT auditor understands the IT environment. Now, I know the best of both worlds.”
— Aram Falticeanu, Manager KPMG
The must knows
The Executive Programme in Digital Auditing introduces you to the ‘must knows’ of digitisation. It shows you the way in the digital world, familiarising you with IT-related concepts, issues, concerns and risks. It advances your knowledge about technology and trains you to keep up with its fascinating and continually changing future. Finally, it paves the way for you to earn the title of Registered EDP Auditor (RE).
Benefits of studying digital auditing at VU Amsterdam
- Customised programme positioning technology in the heart of financial auditing
- Interconnected and coherent curriculum with a clear structure
- Flexibility to follow the whole programme at your convenience and finish the entire programme gradually
- Lectures from professionals and thought leaders in their field
- Blended learning approach, including interactive lectures, case studies and workshops
- Special attention for auditing in small & medium sized entities and follow up of IT findings in the financial audit
- A coaching programme for audit firms with three or more participants leveraging the IT knowledge into the firm's audit practice
- Opportunity to earn continuing professional education (CPE) credits
- Possibility to add a new dimension to your future career
Join our Online Open Evening
Thursday 3 September 2020