How can I pay for the application fee?
If you are applying for an English-taught Bachelor’s or Master’s degree programme you are asked to pay a non-refundable €100 application fee.
Only after you have paid this fee will we be able to start the assessment of your application file.
Please do not delay paying the fee as this will delay your application.
Only in the following situations is it not needed to pay the application fee:
- If you have obtained your international diploma within the Netherlands (for instance an IB diploma or A-levels)
- If you have already applied for (and paid the application fee for) another programme at VU Amsterdam. Note that the fee payment is only valid for two consecutive academic years (e.g. 2019-2020 and 2020-2021) and will expire after this period.
- If you are a current Holland ISC Foundation Year student progressing to VU Amsterdam
- If you are applying through the Foundation for Refugee Students (UAF) and/or have an official refugee status in the Netherlands (as shown on your residence permit)
- If you are a VASVU student
- If you are applying for the StuNed scholarship (for Indonesian Master's applicants only)
Do you meet one of the criteria mentioned above? Then please send us an email with your student number + the reason you qualify for a fee exemption, so we can process this for you. Note that we may ask you to send proof to support this.
Before arranging the payment of the application fee, you first need to confirm your programme application by answering some questions and submitting the required documents in the VUnet student portal. After completing the programme application, the online payment tool will become available and you will be able to arrange the payment of the application fee with Visa, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. After you have arranged your payment online you will receive a confirmation email, and the payment status will change to ‘PAID’*.
If you do not wish to arrange your payment online you can also make a bank transfer using the following bank details:
|Account name:||Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam|
|Name of bank:||Deutsche Bank|
|Address of bank:||De Entree 99-197, 1101 HE Amsterdam, The Netherlands|
Please state your name and S+student number (e.g. s1234567) in the payment reference. Any banking costs are to be paid by the applicant. Please note that international transfers can take some time to be processed.
*Please note that the confirmation email and status change apply only to the successful completion of the online payment module, not the actual payment.